Friday, January 16, 2015

Comic Review: My Little Pony: Friends Forever Volume 3


Review

SPOILER-FREE

If you've ever seen any of the "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" then you already know most of the characters in this comic. I have not watched the fourth season of the show so as long as you've seen the first few seasons you'll know how the story lines are for this comic. These comics are supplemental to the tv series so if you didn't get enough of them you can read these to find more of the adventures of Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

There are four issues in this volume, 9-12, and having not read the previous volumes I feel it's ok to read as a standalone as long as you've seen the show. The pacing is good for all the comics, although there is a different artist for each story (which isn't off putting, but is noticeable). I had no problems reading them. I did enjoy the particular expressions of one of the comics more than the others but they are all still very good and think the artists did a good job rendering the characters in their own styles.

I enjoyed each of the stories as they featured different story lines and sometimes characters. I think they were all well written and I had a great time reading them all. All the characters were spot on to the series and I could imagine their voices with no problems.

Definitely recommended to pick up if you're a Pony fan or want more of Twight Sparkle or her friends! They read similarly to episodes from the tv series so you won't be disappointed.


3.5 out of 5 rating for me.


(An ARC was provided by Netgalley for an honest review. I was not compensated in any other way.)

No comments: