Friday, December 5, 2014

Book Review: Forever Kinda Love + Character Casting + Teaser




FOREVER KINDA LOVE (Lovelly #1) by Clara Stone (Priya Kanaparti)
Genre(s): Mature Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Published: August 13th 2014



Life’s. Little. Surprises. 

The last thing seven-year-old Carrigan "Ace" Casper foresaw was an eight-year-old Heath Lovelly walking into her life the day her mother died. From that moment on, Heath sticks by her side, slowly becoming her strength, her confidant, and her entire world. What she doesn’t know is, she's his saving grace, too. 

Ten years later, Ace is handed another crippling challenge that threatens everything in her almost perfect life. Only, this time, she doesn't turn to Heath, hiding the truth instead. But Heath knows Ace too well and won't back down easily. He's ready to do whatever it takes and will stay by her side until she accepts that their love is the kinda love worth fighting for. 

Will he be her forever triumph or her unexpected downfall? 

Two lives. 

One story. 

And an unexpected journey to falling in love.

**Follow this book's Story board on Pinterest ---> HERE <---
**Mature Content Warning: 17+ for language and sexual content.



MINOR SPOILERS BELOW

This book was another fantastic find by an author I've never read before! You know how sometimes you devour books because of the writing? Well, I felt like the writing in this book devoured me! And it was amazing! That said, in the best way possible, of course. ^_~ This book had me laughing in one part and crying the next. The writing was exquisite and there were rarely moments where I was bored. Actually, I don't think I was bored at all. The writing had me engrossed the entire time. It is contemporary romance which I don't read too often but I found myself enjoying it immensely.

You know how there are planners and pantsers? Well, sometimes I can tell in the writing. Ms. Stone is, majority a planner, this may just be my opinion, but I feel planners tell the most fantastic stories. They know what's coming up and leave hints for the reader. I love pantsers too because their stories are more unpredictable but I usually like knowing where a story is going to end. I kind of had a feeling based on those hints that something was coming but it didn't hit me until the punch line came along. There were a few minor flaws in the story and plot lines but they weren't really enough to stop me from reading. The writing had me so involved that I didn't really notice the issues until later.

I like Ace and Heath's relationship. Friendship and other. Heath could be annoying at times but overall a decent guy once he realizes his feelings for Ace. Truthfully, I don't think Heath deserved Ace but hey, what do I know about love? lol I did have trouble understanding their nicknames. There were no explanations of why they were called by these nicknames or how they came to be which I would have liked to know. Ace, I liked for most part but I loved her and Heath's little banter. Sometimes there were cheesy scenes but it still made your heart warm.

I had an issue with the ending. The story was going so well and then it sort of abruptly ends leaving the reader slightly confused at the cliffhanger. Fortunately, there is an Epilogue but there is also a time skip which some readers may not like. It was ok with me but I would have preferred a sequel in which the characters continue overcoming their obstacles. I felt like it was summing up a whole different book that could have been just as good, or more heart-wrenching as the first. That's just my opinion but the book ended fine in the most part.

The romance in this book is sweet and predictable. You can't help but internally scream at the characters but it's a fun read. Ms. Stone takes the reader on an emotional, love-filled, ride and overall tells a heart warming story. If you enjoy a contemporary romance where the main characters are trying to decipher their complicated feelings in their everyday lives, then this story is for you.


4 out of 5 rating for me!


(An ARC was provided by the author for an honest review. I was not compensated in any other way.)



AMAZON US | UK | CA | AU





** Photography by Regina Wamba from Mae I Design and Photography



Clara Stone lives in the beautiful city of Boise, ID. Unlike what most believe about Idaho, it’s more than a sack full of potatoes. When she’s not writing, you’ll catch Clara reading YA and NA books, mostly romance, and enjoying time with her family. She is a proud CW TV addict.

She also writes YA paranormal romance under the name Priya Kanaparti. She is published through Reuts Publications.

Get in Touch with Author Clara Stone!

Email: pkanaparti2004@gmail.com

Snail Mail: P.O Box 2652 Eagle, ID 83616




1

2 comments:

Echo Shea said...

Thank you for reading and reviewing my book!

Aisazia said...

You're welcome! Thanks for allowing me to review it! :D