Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Review: The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3)


VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.



I know I haven't written a review for the first two books of this trilogy but let me say that I enjoyed them immensely. I think this series the story of vampires that should have been told. I loved all the characters and Kagawa was brilliant at using all of them. I love it when each character has a purpose and role to perform or have multiple roles in the story. It makes a character more complex.

I enjoyed all the twists and turns during this adventure. I do feel that it was slow at some points with them just traveling but other than that I didn't have a problem. Loved how the Rabids always were thrown in as obstacles to hinder our character's progress. I would have liked to seen a more purpose for them than that but I don't think it's a huge issue.

The main conflict comes to a climax in this story and I think that Kagawa did a wonderful job on taking the bits and parts in the first two books and combining it in this last book. It's slightly tragic but definitely has its redeeming moments that I enjoyed as a reader. I understood each character and their conflicts. Some of the characters even surprised me which is always an enjoyment.

Overall, I think Julie Kagawa has told another fantastic story. Having read the Iron Fey series they definitely have a different tone but I believe Kagawa was able to write well for both of them. I'm not usually a horror reader and I'm a bit adverse to vampires because of the crazy Twilight trend but I believe this story is how a true vampire should have been told.

I'm ecstatic for the next series by Kagawa featuring dragons! If any of you know anything about me, it's that I love dragons. I'm apprehensive of the way Kagawa will feature dragons in that story but I have no doubts that Kagawa will do a good job.


4.5 out of 5 rating for me.


(This is an honest review thanks to the ARC provided, courtesy of NetgalleyI was not compensated in any other way.)

No comments: