Be Your Change in the World

To my Creativities, 


"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."
-   Clarence Darrow

I don't examine this quote scientifically but as a standalone sentence I see its value and believe it to be true. If you don't learn to grow and change, you get left behind. If you're alive and reading this, congrats! You've learned to change and adapt. As a child I was super shy, I was always the one running away to hide behind my parents when I first met someone new. I wouldn't even look them straight in the eye. I would never raise my hand in school even though I knew the answer. This went all the way up to high school. I think it was when I went to college where I learned to speak up. I'm still quiet and shy but I've learned to speak my mind and give my opinion.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
-   Leo Tolstoy

Since I was young I remember people saying they want to change the world. Politicians, doctors, and everyday citizens like you and me. However, in order to change the world, you have to change yourself first. Find your flaws and try to fix them. Embrace and enhance your strengths. These are continuous because you are always growing and changing. Use your unique strengths to influence others. I don't mean throw everything to a person about what they should or should not do. Just little by little positively influence the people you meet. Each person you come in contact with affects you and you influence that person. It depends on your reaction on how it'll affect you and your future.


"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."
-   Gail Sheehy  

As a teenager/adult, you probably already have acknowledged that if you don't be yourself or put yourself out there, you aren't really living. You won't get to experience all that life has to offer. You can't really accept that the world is going to change for you. So you're just going to have to get up and change yourself. Do it by changing a little at a time, just one little decision at a time. Sometimes you'll have to force yourself to get up and do something you've never done before! Trust me. Once you get to the point of no return, it's worth it. :D This I had to learn gradually but I guess it's better late than never. ^_~

"Character isn't something you were born with and can't change, like your fingerprints. It's something you weren't born with and must take responsibility for forming. "
-   Jim Rohn 

I wasn't born to change like I did but I was lucky, I had a twin sister to help me. Don't get me wrong, she was shy growing up too. Then suddenly one day she decided she was tired of it and started being louder and more open. I don't exactly recall when or how this happened, but it did. She continued changing herself until she was happy with what she grew into. She was definitely more outgoing than me. She was always the one keeping in touch with friends and dragging me out to places. I would normally stay at home, on the computer or doing something else. She is still always growing and will probably always be the loudest between us twins but I'm forever grateful that she has pushed me this far. 

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." 
-   Reinhold Niebuhr

There are some things that we can not change which you recognize along your journey. But don't sweat it. I know I can't change the fact that I'm short (just under 5 feet). You can't change everything about yourself but what you can change just do your best. Knowing the difference between those will save you from pushing yourself too much. What you want to do is change till you're comfortable with your morals and who you are as a person. 

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. " 
-   Harriet Tubman

Sometimes there are naysayers who will want to bring you down. I know, I've had that feeling of someone putting you down. However, for some reason I am sort of an optimistic person. After crying it out I decided that it was useless to worry or cry about it even though it made my heart sink every time I thought about it. I decided that I was going to prove that person wrong. He said that I was arrogant and a "no-body" that no one would hire me. I ended up landing a job that I love and enjoy working with the people around me. :) Even though it was hard, I learned many things there. Such as how to never treat people. Ignore ignorant and unjust comments because the person who said it is insecure with themselves. I will not let people like that drag me down anymore! So NEVER let anyone hold you back from what you're meant to do! 

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." 
 -   Mohandas Gandhi

I apologize for the long post but I wanted to leave you with one last beautiful quote.  It's pretty self-explanatory. No better way to say it and no better way to start changing the world than to change yourself. I'll see you all in 10 years. Hopefully there will be a little change in the world for the better. For all humans, plants, and creatures alike.

 

0 comments: